It looks like there may be a long overdue Charter review in the near feature. But, from all that I read in the papers, it also looks like the City Council and Mayor have not looked at the review process. So here it is, right from the Charter itself. If it's worth doing it's worth doing right.
Have a blessed Day
(1) Charter amendment. This Charter may be amended in accordance with the provisions of the Municipal Home Rule Powers Act, chapter 166, Florida Statutes, as the same may be amended from time to time, or as may otherwise be provided by general law. The form, content, and certification of any petition to amend shall be established by ordinance. (2) Charter review; schedule, Charter Review Committee. (a) Schedule. The Charter shall be reviewed no sooner than 10 years after the creation of the City of Palm Coast on December 31, 1999, and thereafter it may be reviewed every 10 years. (b) Charter Review Committee. A five-
(3) Initiative and referendum. At least 25 percent of the qualified electorate of the City shall have the power to petition the Council to propose an ordinance or to require reconsideration of an adopted ordinance, or to propose an amendment to this Charter. If the Council fails to adopt such ordinance or amendment so proposed, or to repeal such adopted ordinance, without any change in substance, then the Council shall place the proposed ordinance or amendment, or the repeal of the adopted ordinance, on the ballot at the next general election.
166.031 Charter amendments.—
(1) The governing body of a municipality may, by ordinance, or the electors of a municipality may, by petition signed by 10 percent of the registered electors as of the last preceding municipal general election, submit to the electors of said municipality a proposed amendment to its charter, which amendment may be to any part or to all of said charter except that part describing the boundaries of such municipality. The governing body of the municipality shall place the proposed amendment contained in the ordinance or petition to a vote of the electors at the next general election held within the municipality or at a special election called for such purpose.
(2) Upon adoption of an amendment to the charter of a municipality by a majority of the electors voting in a referendum upon such amendment, the governing body of said municipality shall have the amendment incorporated into the charter and shall file the revised charter with the Department of State. All such amendments are effective on the date specified therein or as otherwise provided in the charter.
(3) A municipality may amend its charter pursuant to this section notwithstanding any charter provisions to the contrary. This section shall be supplemental to the provisions of all other laws relating to the amendment of municipal charters and is not intended to diminish any substantive or procedural power vested in any municipality by present law. A municipality may, by ordinance and without referendum, redefine its boundaries to include only those lands previously annexed and shall file said redefinition with the Department of State pursuant to the provisions of subsection (2).
(4) There shall be no restrictions by the municipality on any employee’s or employee group’s political activity, while not working, in any referendum changing employee rights.
(5) A municipality may, by unanimous vote of the governing body, abolish municipal departments provided for in the municipal charter and amend provisions or language out of the charter which has been judicially construed, either by judgment or by binding legal precedent from a decision of a court of last resort, to be contrary to either the State Constitution or Federal Constitution.
(6) Each municipality shall, by ordinance or charter provision, provide procedures for filling a vacancy in office caused by death, resignation, or removal from office. Such ordinance or charter provision shall also provide procedures for filling a vacancy in candidacy caused by death, withdrawal, or removal from the ballot of a qualified candidate following the end of the qualifying period which leaves fewer than two candidates for an office.
History.—s. 1, ch. 73-
Up coming Events
One Mans Opinion
Liberalism: A Death Cult?
The fact that the Las Vegas shooter so thoroughly planned his attack could mean that he was not mentally ill as such an attack may suggest. This attack, some previous ones, and some which could follow this may be purely political in nature, carried out deliberately by extension from the angry leftist rhetoric of the Brownshirts (aka, Antifa, BLM), and the rest of the far left crowd, whipped to a frenzy by leaders such as our "entertainment industry," Obama, HRC, late night talk show hosts (aka clowns of the left), plus the brain washers of Academia and the MSM, and now even certain athletes.
The left long ago desensitized themselves to the absolute horror of abortion. To be so casual about this behavior requires pathological denial. I posit that now, with shootings such as the Las Vegas attack and the several radical muslim attacks (which the left coddles and excuses), that liberals are so desensitized to murder that they find it acceptable to also murder adults who hold opposing political views, much like a very late term abortion due to "political defects." Many of them have even verbalized this.
If this bears any truth, I also predict it could become far worse. Attacks such as these may increase as they are in Europe. With Obama's deep plants in positions of some authority in our National Law Enforcement and Intelligence gathering Agencies, counter-
The left has for years marched, ruled, voted and legislated against our Freedom of Speech, our Firearm Ownership Rights and all other forms of expressions of the political Right, even the display of our flag. They are unable to present effective arguments to sway the more intelligent people to join their efforts to lead the United States into Statism. Instead they scream louder, lie more boldly, and creatively redefine our very language to fit their radical agenda. They do not value our property rights nor our speech or assembly rights. They do not value the right to life. While we assumed that the next extension of this would be early euthanasia for older Americans, we actually already have passed that. Now the left wants to hasten our demise by the bullet, the sword, bombing, terrorism or-
I may be crying "wolf" in the dark. But I don't think so. I am now more suspicious of anything leftist than I already was. How much more evidence do we need that these people are creating monsters?
The TEA PARTY is a movement, NOT a political party and has NEVER proclaimed to be representative of any political party!
The TEA PARTY is a movement that honors and defends the Constitution, wants less taxes and spending, and more individual responsibility.
Democrats, Republicans, Independents are all members of the TEA PARTY movement. and the MSM would never tell you that.
But we will. Cleck here
At Last Second, House GOP Leaders Ditch Effort to Pass Bill Limiting Abortion. See the story here.
Aware of Reported Rape Exception, Women Still Overwhelmingly Support 20-
Big Loss for Big Brother: Federal Appeals Court Rules Against Government on Mass Surveillance
Friday, May 08, 2015
On May 7, 2015, in a significant victory for Americans’ right to privacy and the rule of law, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit ruled in favor of the plaintiffs in the case of ACLU v. Clapper, which challenged the National Security Agency’s bulk collection of telephone metadata under Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act. While the plaintiffs raised various claims, the court ultimately ruled that the provision of law the government claimed enabled the mass surveillance program did not confer that authority. According to the court’s opinion, “the text of § 215 cannot bear the weight the government asks us to assign to it, and … it does not authorize the telephone metadata program.” Your NRA had participated in the case by filing friend of the court briefs at different stages of the proceedings. We have also supported legislation to curtail the NSA’s dragnet surveillance of American citizens.
As described by the court’s opinion, the information captured under the program concerns “details about telephone calls, including, for example, the length of a call, the phone number from which the call was made, and the phone number called.” Additionally, “Metadata can … reveal the user or device making or receiving a call through unique ‘identity numbers’ associated with the equipment … and provide information about the routing of a call through the telephone network, which can sometimes … convey information about a caller’s general location.” Analysis of this information, even without listening to the content of the calls, can reveal detailed information about the parties to the call, including civil, political, or religious affiliations; social status and networks; and even possession of certain items.
The NRA argued in its briefs that NSA’s data collection program violates the First Amendment rights of NRA members by potentially chilling their willingness to communicate. It also asserted that the NSA program could be used to circumvent statutory protections barring the federal government from collecting gun ownership records. While the court did not resolve the case on those grounds, the breadth of opposition to the program from across the political and ideological spectrums likely underscored to the court the gravity and scope of the privacy violations at issue.
Since the litigation began, media reports – often citing accounts from whistleblowers formerly associated with U.S. intelligence agencies – have accused the federal government of far more intrusive practices against Americans who are under no suspicion of wrongdoing. This includes capturing and storing the actual content of digital communications (including cell phone calls and e-
One of the fundamental flaws behind most types of gun control is that it purports to punish “the bad guys” by focusing its restrictions primarily on the good guys. The same defect applies to the practice of capturing huge amount of information about Americans, their communications, and their activities on the off-
We will continue to report on further developments in this important, unfolding story. While Big Brother is indeed watching, NRA is committed to ensuring that your Second Amendment choices and activities remain shielded from his gaze
COMMON CORE IS UN AGENDA 21
Common Core is an integral part of UN Agenda 21/Sustainable Development: globalization is the standardization of systems. Whether the system is law enforcement or land use or government, the standardization, harmonization, and integration of all international methods of management is essential for total control.
Education is the flash point for embedding system acceptance in all sectors of the [world] population. Standardized propaganda is developed for pre-
Breaking down traditional methods of learning in order to re-
Regardless of the content of this nationalized and internationalized system of behavioral modification, the goal and outcome will be to fundamentally destroy the individual's rights.
For more, please click on the following links that will take you to posts about Common Core on this website
Globalization is the Standardization of Systems
Common Core is Institutionalized Terrorism
Common Core is Agenda 21
Common Core Backlash
The World Happiness Index and Mass Murder
The Mainstream Press Lies About UN Agenda 21-
2013: The Year We Reach Critical Awareness of UN Agenda 21
Guest Post: Charlotte Iserbyt on Common Core
Turning 6 year olds into Propaganda Machines: Common Core
With the recent resignation of Florida Education Commissioner Tony Bennett, it is imperative to make sure the next Commissioner is fully capable of steering the ship for Florida's Education plans-
In order to ensure the selection process goes effectively, it is your duty to consider the following criteria for candidates being vetted for the position of Commissioner:
Poverty explained in World Population in Gum Balls. cleck here.
"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." ~ Aristotle
Fr Emil Kapaun's Story: click here We the people click here.
America: Imigine a World without her. click here
You have got to see this. click here
The surprising ages of the Founding Fathers on July 4.. click here
Doesn't Trust Governors. and if he hears of any of them pushing back they will hear from him. turn up you speakers for this one. click here for the rest of the story.
I hope you take the time to read this ... To understand what the flag draped coffin really means ... Here is how to understand the flag that laid upon it and is surrendered to so many widows and widowers.
Do you know that at military funerals, the 21-
Have you ever noticed the honor guard pays meticulous attention to correctly folding the United States of America Flag 13 times? You probably thought it was to symbolize the original 13 colonies, but we learn something new every day!
The 1st fold of the flag is a symbol of life.
The 2nd fold is a symbol of the belief in eternal life
The 3rd fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veterans departing the ranks who gave a portion of their lives for the defense of the country to attain peace throughout the world.
The 4th fold represents the weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in time of war for His divine guidance.
The 5th fold is a tribute to the country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur, 'Our Country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong.'
The 6th fold is for where people's hearts lie. It is with their heart that they pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
The 7th fold is a tribute to its Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that they protect their country and their flag against all her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of their republic.
The 8th fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day.
The 9th fold is a tribute to womanhood, and Mothers. For it has been through their faith, their love, loyalty and devotion that the character of the men and women who have made this country great has been molded.
The 10th fold is a tribute to the father, for he, too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of their country since they were first born.
The 11th fold represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon and glorifies in the Hebrews eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
The 12th fold represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in the Christians eyes, God the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit.
The 13th fold, or when the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost reminding them of their Nations motto, 'In God We Trust.'
After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the appearance of a cocked hat, ever reminding us of the soldiers who served under General George Washington, and the Sailors and Marines who served under Captain John Paul Jones, who were followed by their comrades and shipmates in the Armed Forces of the United States, preserving for them the rights, privileges and freedoms they enjoy today.
There are some traditions and ways of doing things that have deep meaning.
In the future, you'll see flags folded and now you will know why.
Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel.
This website is paid for by the flagler county TEA party and maintained by Jim Greene
we can be contacted at email@example.com. things posted on this page
may not be the view of the Flagler Tea Party.